Your Path to a Bright Financial Future Begins Here…
GreenPath is a non-profit company that has been assisting individuals for more than 50 years achieve financial goals.
As a member of WFCU you can receive assistance with:
- Personal and family budgeting: During an appointment, a GreenPath counselor will thoroughly review your current financial situation and develop a comprehensive budget and action plan. GreenPath’s counselors will also teach money management skills, including ideas to increase income and ways to reduce expenses.
- Understanding your credit report and how to improve your score: A credit report review helps you evaluate your credit report, learn how to dispute inaccurate information, and understand all aspects of credit scoring.
- Money Management
- Debt Repayment: If you’re having difficulty paying bills or staying current on credit cards, a GreenPath counselor will help prioritize your payments, negotiate payment discounts, and set up payment schedules with creditors. There is a fee for a Debt Management Plan (DMP) and the counselor will thoroughly explain all options and applicable fees.
- Housing Counseling: GreenPath is approved by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to provide housing counseling services. GreenPath counselors educate first time homebuyers, provide reverse mortgage and home equity loan counseling, and counsel consumers on foreclosure prevention.
- Avoiding bankruptcy, foreclosure and repossession
GreenPath can give personalized answers to your individual needs. For issues ranging from a proactive savings plan to saving a home from foreclosure, advice is only a phone call away.
GreenPath counselors are available:
- Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. (CST)
- Friday 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
To use this service, simply call 1-877-337-3399 toll-free or visit GreenPath’s website.
GreenPath University exists to provide you with a high-quality, user-friendly, financial education website. [external link disclosure] The content is specifically chosen by GreenPath financial counselors to ensure you have access to the most up-to-date money management resources in the industry – where and when you need it. We strive to make our content current and relevant to the needs of our clients. Our site is constantly evolving and any feedback is always appreciated.
GreenPath University is not an actual accredited University or Academic Institution but is an extension of GreenPath Financial Wellness, a nationwide non-profit consumer credit counseling service that helps people resolve financial problems, achieve financial goals and get relief from debt.
CheckRight is a web-based checking account management education module from GreenPath Financial Wellness designed to teach you how to manage a checking account [external link disclosure]. Use CheckRight if:
- you are looking to open a checking account for the first time or
- you have had difficulty handling an account in the past.
Among other things, CheckRight will help you learn how to:
- Open an account
- Write checks
- Make deposits
- Maintain a check register
- Reconcile an account
- Create a spending plan
CheckRight is a self-study program that allows you to learn at your own pace. [external link disclosure] Once you have read through the chapters, you will be directed to take a quiz that will test your knowledge of checking accounts.
BudgetSmart is an exciting, easy-to-use software budgeting tool from GreenPath Financial Wellness that uses graphics, pop-up boxes and bar charts to help you manage your money more effectively [external link disclosure]. You can use the program to:
- Establish a budget
- Track spending
- View tips for improving areas of overspending or inadequate saving
- Experiment with “what if” scenarios to determine how a major purchase or change in income would impact your budget.
Download the program to your computer FREE of charge, and you’re on your way to creating your own personalized budget! [external link disclosure]