Open an Account Today!At Wakota Federal Credit Union, you're not just an account; you're a face, a name, and an owner!
Open a New Membership
Are you new to Wakota FCU? Start your membership today!
New Membership Instructions
Open a Sub-Account
If you already are a member and want to open a Money Market, WINcentive Savings, Certificate or any other type of account, follow the steps below.
Sub- Account Opening Instructions
- If you have online banking, following the next steps. If you do not have online banking, please stop by the branch or call 651.451.3330.
- Login to your online banking.
- Select “New Account” from the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Select “Purchase a New Certificate” or “Open a New Savings or Checking Account” depending on your needs.
- Follow instructions on online banking to finish the account opening.
- Only Certificates, Savings and Money Market Accounts may be opened online.
- To open a WINcentive Savings if you are currently a member- simply email email@example.com that you wish to open the new account product. You will be sent a participation agreement to sign, then a representative will finalize the account opening.
Switch to Wakota Checking
Switching to a low-fee checking account from Wakota FCU is easy! Just follow the steps below.
Checking Account Instructions
- You can open an account for a personal checking through It’s Me 247. If you’re applying for a business account, download our Business Checking Application form.
- Make sure all checks have cleared on your old checking account.
- Leave enough funds in your old account to cover any automatic payments that may still be withdrawn.
- If transferring a Certificate of Deposit, double-check the maturity date to avoid possible penalties.
- Inform your direct deposit vendors (payroll, etc.) of the change. You can use our ACH Direct Deposit form.
- Inform any vendors who take automatic payments to change the withdrawals to your new account. You can use our ACH Bill Pay form.
- Inform your old financial institution when you are ready to close your old checking account.
As a not-for-profit financial institution, Wakota FCU is proud to return our profits to your member-owners in the form of fewer fees, higher savings yields, and lower loan rates. Make the switch today!